We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information. Users may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities.
The information we may collect the following types of personal information is not only limited to the following:
- names, address and contact details;
- date of birth;
- account and newsletter preferences;
- delivery date for products you purchased from us;
- your business contact details, place of employment and position;
- credit and financial checks;
- information about your social network profile such as your social network ID, profile picture, gender and location;
- information about your visit to our website, such as your browser software, which pages you view and which items you 'clicked' on or added to your shopping basket;
- service, product or server logs, which hold technical information about your use of our service, product or websites, such as your IP address, domain, device and application settings, errors and hardware activity;
- information about where your device is physically located (for example, when you are using a geo-location service or application and you have provided consent to your location being shared);
We may also collect any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise.
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about the user’s means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
To Improve Customer Service.
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
To Personalize User Experience.
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
To Improve Our Site.
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
Pod Labs may use information it collects for a wide range of purposes, including the following:
- send communications requested by you;
- fulfill obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between you and Pod Labs;
- provide you with a product or service you have requested, including checking that a payment is not made fraudulently, delivering your purchase to you or ensuring that you benefit from any relevant special offer or promotion (and fulfill its obligations under any other agreement it may have with you);
- render services related to Pod Labs' business such as providing customer care, warranty, returns, servicing our products and other after sales services;
- provide information about products, services and/or special offers;
- record statistical data for marketing purposes;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about our business;
- for access control, safety and training purposes;
- conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for safety and identification reasons, including in the event of an emergency when a staff member is overseas;
- for the administrative, planning, and internal audit purposes of Pod Labs, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to improve and personalise your experience on our websites and applications, typically through automated tracking technologies (such as cookies) that collect and remember certain account login information, technical information and website usage information;
- for general promotional purposes;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub- division of a country).
We will also use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose related to a purpose for which we collected it, where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose. For example, we will disclose your personal information to third party service providers so that they can provide certain contracted services to Pod Labs, such as information technology support or programming, hosting services, telephone services, mailing or sending of documents to you digitally or otherwise.
There will be other instances where we may use and disclose your personal information, including where:
- you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for an enforcement activity conducted by or on behalf of an enforcement body; or
- we are required or authorised by law to disclose your personal information, for example, to a court in response to a subpoena or court order.
We may do this for your and/or our convenience (for example, to allow you to more easily register for a new service), to allow us to provide a more seamless customer support whenever you contact us and to provide you with better, personalized services, content, marketing and adverts.
To Process Payments.
We may use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
To Send Periodic E-mails.
Where you have opted-into receiving direct marketing communications about Tripod Coffee, we may collect and use your personal information to keep you up to date with the latest news, events, special offers and promotions of our brands. Direct marketing involves the use and/or disclosure of personal information to communicate directly with an individual to promote goods and services. This may include:
- General marketing communications - to send you communications such as emails, SMS text messages and postal mailings; and
- Targeted advertising - to show you marketing communications on other websites, including on social media sites where you are a member (such as Facebook), by matching activities or information collected on our websites with those collected on third party sites (e.g. data-matching).
You can always opt-out from receiving such communications by following the 'unsubscribe' link and/or instructions placed (typically) at the bottom of the email. You may also visit social media sites where you are a member to explore op-out options that may provide for targeted advertising. Please note that even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us, you may still receive administrative communications from us (such as order confirmations). You will still also see generic ads on other websites, including on social media sites where you are a member.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the site and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected and is 100% secured.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not generally sell, rent or otherwise disclose information about you to third parties without your consent. However, there are exceptions:
- Our business partners
If you request or agree to receive information or newsletters from one of our business partners, we may provide that third party with your details so that they can respond to your request.
- Our service providers
- Legal and business purposes
We may disclose information about you to:
- our employees and contractors;
- to government bodies and law enforcement agencies to prevent fraud, to comply with the law and to meet a reasonable request from such bodies;
- to third parties (including professional advisors) to enforce or defend the legal rights of Pod Labs or the terms and conditions of any Pod Labs product or service;
- to a third party purchaser or seller, and its and our professional advisors, in connection with a corporate event such as a merger, acquisition or in the event of an insolvency situation; and
- anonymous statistics.
We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Children's Online Privacy
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this site, you consent and signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site or give us your personal information. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.